Curriculum Development in Education (M.A.)
Experts in curriculum development are trained with Curriculum Development in Education Master Program. In accordance with the Graduate Regulation, applicants who wish to pursue a degree for M.A. must hold a bachelor’s degree from Faculty of Education or have a teaching certificate. Also they must have ALES exam results and an English language proficiency score from accepted exams that meet the minimum criteria of the program.
The purpose of the program is to train experts of curriculum development who will work for Ministry of Education, public institutions, non-governmental organizations, private corporations and related departments within it and scientists for Education Faculties. On the other hand, master program prepares students who want to strengthen his/her knowledge in the field for doctorate. The Curriculum Development in Education Master Program aims to improve the knowledge of teachers who work in ministerial institutions and to contribute to their professional development.
The graduates of the Curriculum Development in Education Master Program can show both individual and group work skills by using basic research and communication skills and by participating in national and international studies of the field. With master program individuals can improve higher thinking skills like critical thinking, problem solving, creative thinking, deciding, reflective thinking and entrepreneurship skills and accept this as a part of personal development and lifelong learning. With master program individuals can express their opinions and design research by following the studies in the field closely.
The language of instruction at this program is Turkish.
- Using scientific research skills
- Observance of ethical standards
- Using communication skills accurately and effectively
- Efficient use of a foreign language in order to pursue international literature
- Using individual and group work skills in national and international projects
- Using higher-order thinking skills (e.g. critical thinking, problem solving, creative thinking, decision making, reflection)
- Interpreting the basic concepts of curriculum development
- Associate among the theoretical foundations of curriculum development (e.g. historical, philosophical, social, economic, personal, subject area)
- Comparing the methods of curriculum design
- Selecting the curriculum development models in terms of the needs
- Design and evaluate educational programs
- Monitoring the developments in the field of curriculum development
- Take part in interdisciplinary research
- Analyzing the formal (e.g. preschool, primary, secondary and higher education) and non-formal education programs in Turkey and around the world in terms of the principles of curriculum development
- Interpreting the reflections of changes on education policies and programs on local and global levels
- Selecting and implementation of instruction methods, techniques and strategies accordance with the needs
- Analysing the teacher education curricula and cohesion of teacher and curriculum
- Reflecting the understanding of social justice in academic career
- Using information and communication technologies and research software in scientific research